DIVISION OF ELECTROCHEMISTRY
The department was founded in 1933 and developed from the Laboratory of Electrochemistry which was headed by A.N. Frumkin. The laboratory had been part of the Department of Physical Chemistry since 1929. The department was headed by Academician A.N. Frumkin (1933-1977), Professor B.B. Damaskin (1977 – 1998).
Since 1998 the department has been headed by Professor Oleg Aleksandrovich Petry
The major fields of research of the department are electrochemistry, radiochemistry of organic systems.
There are 4 laboratories within the department. The total staff of the department is 44 employees including 11 doctors and 19 candidates of science.
Laboratory of Bilayer and Electrochemical Kinetics
Head of the laboratory – Professor Boris Borisovich Damaskin
Laboratory of Electrocatalysis and Corrosion
Head of the laboratory – Professor Oleg Aleksandrovich Petry
Laboratory of Electrochemical Energetics
Head of the laboratory – Professor Boris Ivanovich Podlovchenko
Laboratory of Radiation Chemistry
Head of the laboratory – Leading Research Fellow Vladimir Isayevich Feldman